New Delhi

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

it's raining in kerala since last three to four days and i remember....
*********************************************************
As I watch that raindrops
Weaving a curtain for the roofless earth,
Memories of my childhood
Scurrying towards me..
Excuse me plz,
Take me to the good old days of
The Mother Nature
Where I saw the coconut leaves
Dancing to the cadence of the breeze
Where I saw nature dripping wet and
The sky taking a thunder shot of her’s
And far there, from the dark cloud, I saw the birds
Eager to alight on the coconut tree.
Wow! That swift and smooth perch,
Finding themselves safe at that height and cozying there.
Below ,that rectangle paddy fields,
Lined by coconut trees on its
Narrow mud brink (I remember the brown muddy paddy field I watched from the terrace)
And there I saw the lone sickle shaped coconut tree…
Standing as a question mark.

I still feel the chillness of the zephyr waved at me
The ground was mucky and like mire
Tiny channels of muddy water headed fast
As if to make it’s way to the Gr8 Ocean.
The fervent little channel aroused in me
For the first time- the power of hope
The confidence in that little channel to
Cross the hurdles n to reach the ocean
Kindled the light of hope in me.
And I always prayed for a heavy rain.
I remember adding a cup of water to that channel
Thinking that it shouldn’t go beyond the ocean but to the ocean.
When the pouring stopped I could see, there was no cooler breeze
The trees were idle and the birds flew away and the little channel dried up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Database of ZIP Codes
Visit eBay